In an article posted by Sunstar.com, two people were found dead from yesterday’s, August 7, fire incident which took place at the Capitol University (CU) Art Gallery.
The victims identified who both worked as painters of the university were identified as Bryan Solarte, a high school student and working in the university part time, and Dave Marvin Ramonga.
According to the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) medico-legal officer Dr. Christian Caballes, there are possibilities that the death of the two workers was caused by suffocation before they were burned by the fire.
Moreover, Caballes said that the two suffered from third-degree burns and were only identified by their identification cards.
On the other hand, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is yet to release the official findings for the incident but there are initial reports which indicated that the cause of the fire was the highly flammable cans of paint thinner.
Caballes said that they still have to verify if the victims were smoking cigarettes at the time prior to the fire.
The school officials will issue a formal statement regarding the incident.