On February 11, 2016, ACADEO (About Cagayan de Oro) held ACADEO’s Choice Awards 2016 at the Activity Center of the Ayala Centrio Mall. The event gives recognition to establishments, personalities, and products that have made a large impact in Cagayan de Oro City as well as in the province of Misamis Oriental and even outside of the province.
The Acadeo’s Choice Awards 2016 is the brainchild of Logic Base Interactive LLC, a locally owned and managed BPO in the city and serves as the parent company of the aboutcagayandeoro.com website and About Cagayan de Oro – Acadeo on Facebook. A few months ago, Logic Base came with the idea to hold an awards night in order to recognize Cagayan de Oro’s establishments, personalities, and products that have somehow made an impact on the lives of Kagay-anons. Likewise, this impact may also have had a similar effect or gained some recognition outside of Cagayan de Oro.
Hosts, Performers and Presentors
The Acadeo’s Choice Awards was hosted by Ms. Nicole Abas-Datayan and R-Funk Ylaya.
Local band, Vital Signs feat Winset Jacot, David Lanas, Muriel Lomadilla, Eula Valdez and Jehiele Kehiele Lehiele also did some musical performances to entertain the guests.
Video Courtesy of Rob Bana:
Video Courtesy of Rob Bana:
Video Courtesy of Rob Bana:
Some of the popular award presentors include; ABS-CBN host Jam Bantigue, Fashion Designer Benjie S. Manuel, Len-len Anaya, Kitchie Uy, Jireh Cuarto, Angel Carbajal, Nicole Tiro and many others.
Red Carpet Arrivals – VIP’s, Nominees and Guests
The event was filled with glamour and great-looking people as guests started to arrive and walk at the red carpet. Each of them stopped by to have photos taken at the Photo Wall.
Acadeo’s Choice Awards Awardees
Do you want to know who won the awards? If so, then take a look at the photos and complete list below.
The results were based on 70% online votes and 30% from the Acadeo Team’s votes.
Here’s the complete list of awardees for ACADEO’s Choice Awards 2016:
- Restaurant of the Year – Bigby’s Café and Restaurant
- Best Filipino Restaurant – Boy Zugba
- Best Foreign Restaurant – Thai Me Up
- Hotel of the Year – Limketkai Luxe Hotel
- CDO’s Instagramable Place of the Year – Chingkeetea
- CDO’s Tastiest Lechon – House of Native Lechon
- CDO’s Tastiest Pizza – Black Mamba Pizza of Chez Marie Bar Café and Restaurant
- CDO’s Yummiest Burger – The Old Blue Burgers
- Most Unique Business Concept – Project Lupad (CDO’s first Drone photography and videography business)
- Best Place with a View – Dahilayan Forest Park
- Fitness Center of the Year – Crossfit Kagayan
- Resort of the Year – Apple Tree Resort and Hotel
- Salon and Spa of the Year – Sanctuary Beauty Care and Wellness
- Photographer of the Year – Roger Nazar Lactao, Jr. (Legitimately registered wedding photographer; 3rd place – 2009 Wedding and Portrait Photographers of the Philippines Photo Congress)
- Tatak CDO Product of the Year – Pineapple Crumble of Mercedes Bakery
- Sports Personality of the Year – Jenefer B. Paloma (1st place in Ironman 70.3 Asia Pacific Championship; qualified for Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Tennessee in September 2017)
- Makeup Artist of the Year – Charmelle Ybañez Rivera
- DJ of the Year – RB Banaag
- Fashion Designer of the Year – Gil Macaibay III
- Blogger of the Year – Mikko Mahinay
- Cagayan de Oro’s Role Model of the Year – S/Supt. Ronnie Francis Cariaga (City Director of CDO Police Office)
- CDO’s Event Host of the Year – Malvern Esparcia (FM Radio Announcer and DJ)
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Henrik Yu (Bigby’s Food Corporation)
- Most Inspiring Business Story – Professional Organizers (first and only legitimate professional event organizer in the city)
- Hotelier of the Year – Jerome dela Fuente (Limketkai Luxe Hotel)
- Friendliest Staff – Seda Centrio Hotel
- Innovation in Service – Seda Centrio Hotel
- Best Short Film by a Cagayanon – Hulagway
During the event itself, three minor awards were given for on-the-spot categories:
- Best Booth Design – Pohoda Spa and Wellness Center
- Best Dressed Female – Eiya Angela Pupos (Communications Officer for Seda Centrio Hotel)
- Best Dressed Male – Stephen Sanchez (proprietor of Modan Japanese Wagyu House)
What is Orofy?
Aside from the awards, the event also saw the official launching of Logic Base Interactive’s new mobile application called “Orofy.” This is Cagayan de Oro’s first mobile app of its kind that allows users to locate establishments based on categories (restaurants, government offices, specific stores, malls, etc.), local events, tourist spots, and hotels.
Orofy was officially launched just before the end of the Choice Awards. Guests and participants were requested to whip out their smartphones and other devices for a simultaneous downloading of the app. Orofy can be downloaded free from the Google Play Store for Android devices and The App Store for Apple devices.
Video Courtesy of Youtube:
Aside from locating places and local events, the app also allows users to use the app to influence their network or brand, get daily or weekly updates on sales, promos, and other business deals, and view local news. It can even be used as a planner for planning future events, and also has order and delivery options.
Film Festival Entries and Winner
Aside from the general awards categories, the company also decided to hold a local short film contest in order to recognize Kagay-anons in local film making and to promote Cagayan de Oro in tourism and future movie filming.
Hulagway (Picture) is a short film created by young filmmaker Arron Melendez from Lapasan, bagging for him the “Gold Award” for Best Short Film for ACADEO’s 1st Film Festival, a large sideshow for the Choice Awards 2016.
After the selection process, three short films made to the top three, the two others being “Duaw” and “Bluetooth.” The film is about the tribulations of a young mother – Aning – and her love for her lost child as she recalls the events leading up to her son’s death. The film won overall praise from critics for its superb cinematography and visual creativity. In the Film Festival’s other sub-categories, Melendez also won Best Director while the film also bagged Best Cinematography. Chanel Falcon, playing the role of Aning, won Best Actress.
“Bluetooth” by filmmaker Adrian Rey Manapil won the “Silver Award,” a romantic comedy about the love story of Jiro and Leah. The film also got Best Screenplay and Nestor Lagat, playing the role of Jiro, won Best Actor.
The “Bronze Award” went to “Duaw” by Joshua Sepe, a suspense thriller of sorts. All winners received a trophy and cash prizes.
Event Partners, Sponsors and Media Partners
Major partners for ACADEO’s Choice Awards 2016 are; Ayala Centrio Mall, Brandaid Agency, Seda Centrio Hotel, Mercedes Bakery and Limketkai Luxe Hotel.
Sponsors for the event include; Bigby’s Café and Restaurant, Monster Kitchen, Thai Me Up, Modan, East Coast Chef Catering, Jazzjulo, Home Biz Crafts, Gil Macaibay Fashion Studio, House of Native Lechon, Maison de Bon Bon, Giuseppe Pizzeria, Boy Zugba, Chez Marie Restaurant, Frost Bites, Blu Sands Resort, Zordz Restobar, Stargate Dream Vacation Resort, 99 Ranch, Dahilayan Forest Park, Pohoda Spa, Cucina Higala, Lefty’s, Brownie Bites, Sign Head, Missy Bon Bon and More Bites Pizza.
Media partners include; Gold Star Daily, ABS-CBN Cagayan de Oro, Magic 89.3, Maddmen Productions, Best Spots PH and the Official Photographer for the event is Clement Dampal.
Team Acadeo and Orofy
This year was awesome! ‘Til next year guys!