Days of July is about to end, with the month of August to commence in the next 9 days. What’s in August for the Kagay-anons? On the said month’s 28th day marks the feast day of the city’s patron saint, St. Augustine. That means, it’s time for the annual Higalaay Festival! And the city government has already laid out some events for the month long celebration.
Here is Cagayan de Oro’s Higalaay Festival 2016 Schedule of Core Events.
Aug 1 – 31
- Higalaay Garden Show Duaw Kagay-an Park
- Higalaay Agri Fair Gaston Park
Aug 4 – 6
- Mindanao Fashion Summit Rotunda, Limketkai Center
- Miss Cagayan de Oro 2016 Coronation Night The Atrium, Limketkai Center
Aug 17 – 19
- Kumbira The Atrium, Limketkai Center
Aug 19 – 28
- Kahimunan Regional Trade Fair Entrance 3 SM City
- Cowboy Festival: The Annual CDO Horse Show P.N. Roa Property, Upper Carmen
- Cagayan de Oro Carnival Parade Luna-Velez to Divisoria 4:00PM
- Kagay-an Festival Marathon Centrio Mall (Start and Finish) 3:00AM
Aug 23 – 29
- Higalaay City-Wide Sale Centrio Ayala Mall, Gaisano, Limketkai, Ororama Supercenter, SM City
- Higalas Parade of Floats and Icons Rodelsa Circle-Velez-CM Recto Limketkai Center 7:00AM
- Bisperas Fireworks Display Duaw Kagay-an Park 8:00PM
- Religious Procession Fernandez St-Velez-Capistrano-St. Augustine Cathedral 4:00AM
- Kagay-an Pyro Festival SM City Grounds
- Fluvial Procession Macajalar Bay-Cagayan River-Duaw Kagay-an Park (To Be Announced)
If you missed last year’s celebration, make sure to participate and enjoy this year’s Higalaay Festival celebration. See you at the event venues!