Last December 10, 2016, Saturday, the annual parade of motorelas adorned with Christmas decors or “Paskorela” was held participated by different barangays of Cagayan de Oro with the given theme, “A Glittery Christmas”.
At around 1:30 in the afternoon, the parade commenced at the Rodelsa Circle and continued to the circle in Divisoria and ended at the Kiosko Kagawasan.
Also taking part in the parade were students from different schools here in Cagayan de Oro such as the Pedro “Oloy” Roa Elementary School and the Bulua Central School with their drum and lyre bands wearing Christmas-themed costumes.
The following are this year’s winners:
- 1st Place: Operator Elma Abao
- Winning P40,000 and a trophy, her motorela featured a belen, gifts and christmas bells.
- 2nd Place: Rowen Abao
- Winning P25,000, his motorela featured a snowy Christmas.
- 3rd Place: Operator Celso Pagumpana
- Winning P15,000, his motorela was costumed like that of Santa Clause.
All in all, there were 12 motorela participants, encouraged by San Juan and the City Tourism Council to not remove its Christmas design all throughout the Christmas season.