02 Mar 100% Passenger Capacity Now Allowed For PUVs In Alert Level 1 Areas
Mga higala! Public Utility Vehicles (PUVs) under Alert Level 1 areas are allowed to operate with 100% passenger capacity (from 70%)!
This was recently announced on the Memorandum Circular No. 2022-028 of the Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board (LTFRB).
According to the said memo, this is due to the substantial decline of the country’s COVID-19 infection rate and the government’s unceasing vaccination drive.
Below are the guidelines:
- For areas under Alert Level 1: 100% passenger capacity.
- For areas placed under Alert Level 2 and beyond: 70%.
- For intrazonal and interzonal travel, public transportation between areas under Alert Level 1 and areas under other alert levels, the lower passenger capacity rate among the involved areas shall be followed.
- Acrylic or plastic barriers shall be completely removed to improve airflow and accommodate full capacity.
- Passengers, drivers, and conductors shall strictly observe the mandatory and proper use of face masks. IATF and DOH health protocols must also be followed.
For more details: