06 Feb A 12-Hour Power Interruption To Be Expected Tomorrow in Cagayan de Oro and in Some Parts of Mindanao
On Thursday, the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines announced a blackout schedule in some parts of Mindanao tomorrow starting from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The said blackout schedule will be a “regular maintenance” operation of its major transmission lines.
NGCP’s corporate communication division Beth Ladaga stated that the areas that will get affected with the power interruption are those serviced under cooperatives in parts of Misamis Oriental, Camiguin and Cagayan de Oro.
Joining with the said schedule is the Cagayan de Oro Power and Electric Company (CEPALCO) that will also be conducting maintenance operations of its distributions on the same day.
Electric cooperatives and distribution utilities are yet to determine the specific areas that will get affected by the power interruption and with NGCP to exert all efforts in restoring electrical power by 6:00 PM or earlier on the same day. Check CEPALCO’s advisory below.
Important Notice to CEPALCO Customers
Subject: Scheduled NGCP Power Interruption on Sunday, February 7, 2016
The Cagayan Electric Power & Light Co., Inc. (CEPALCO) would like to inform all customers that the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) has advised CEPALCO that power supply will be interrupted on Sunday, February 7, 2016 as shown below:
REASONS: THE NATIONAL GRID CORPORATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (NGCP) WILL FACILITATE THE SWINGING OF MORESCO 2 69KV LINE FROM ITS EXISTING BAY 53 TO THE NEW BAY 52 AND CONDUCT TAPPING OF NEW METERING EQUIPMENT FOR CEPALCO M2 AT NGCP-JASAAN SUBSTATION. TO MAKE USE OF THE INTERRUPTION, CEPALCO WILL ALSO CONDUCT LINE MAINTENANCE WORK AT JASAAN AND 69KV LINE TAPPING AT SAN MARTIN, VILLANUEVA GOING TO KIRAHON SUBSTATION.
A. TIME OF INTERRUPTION: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM (12 HOURS)
M2 JASAAN-TAGOLOAN 69KV CUSTOMERS
- RESINS, Inc., Jasaan
- Cargill Philippines Inc., Villanueva
- Coca-Cola Misamis Oriental Plant, Villanueva
- HCH Corporation, Tagoloan
- Del Monte Philippines, Inc., Bugo
VILLANUEVA FEEDER 1 AREAS:
- From Villa Mila Subd., Villanueva to Jasaan up to Green Waters.
- Natubo and Cabulig HEP
B. TIME OF INTERRUPTION:
6:00 AM – 8:00 AM (2 HOURS);
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM (2 HOURS);
BALOY FEEDER 2 AREAS
- From Minergy/UKC to Suy Sing Warehouse-Umalag, Tablon down towards Baloy to Barangay Cugman, Gusa, and greater portion of Lapasan highway up to corner Agora-Shell including Puregold and portion of corner Pimentel.
- Agora Market area including Gaabucayan Extension and portion of Lapasan particularly Sto. Nino and Tabaco.
- Malasag, FS Catanico, Upper Gusa and Indahag including Alegria Hills Office.
TAGOLOAN FEEDER 1 AREAS:
- Portion of Natumulan old road from El Mundo down to Casinglot, Tagoloan including towards NGCP-Tagoloan Substation.
- All the Barangays of Bugo, Puerto, Upper Puerto to Alae area, Tin-ao, Agusan and Balubal area, Tablon, up to Nestle including Sapong and Palalan.
- Firstgen, Menzi-Agri and DMPI-Manolo.
TAGOLOAN FEEDER 2 AREAS:
- Portion of Natumulan, greater part of Tagoloan proper, all the Barangays of Baluarte, Pulot, Sugbongcogon, and Gracia, Tagoloan, PACCO/Vicmar area up to Kibulda.
- From back of Tagoloan Convent including St.Mary’s School to Siayon, Tagoloan.
- All the Barangays of Sta. Cruz, Mohon, Sta. Ana and Sto. Rosario.
- Centro San Martin, Villanueva up to Solane, Pilipinas Shell including Kirahon Resettlement area and KSEC PV Plant.
- Vicmar and SWL.
VILLANUEVA FEEDER 2 AREAS:
- From Villa-Looc including Banban and Kalingagan down towards Katipunan and Dayawan up to LKKS-Villa and Phoenix.
Power will however be restored immediately without further notice when NGCP and Cepalco line and switching works are completed earlier than scheduled.
We hope the affected customers and the public in general will be guided by this announcement. Thank you.
Ms. Marilyn A. Chavez
Assistant Vice President
Customer & Community Relations Dept.