12 Jul 34-Year-Old LSI From Opol Dies @ NMMC & Tests Positive For COVID-19
Mga higala! A 34-year-old male locally stranded individual (LSI) from Zone 1, Barra, Opol, Misamis Oriental has died at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) yesterday, July 11, 2020, and tested positive for COVID-19!
This is the said municipality’s first confirmed coronavirus disease case.
According to an official statement from the Opol IATF, this individual was stranded for 5 months in Brgy. Tabang, Plaridel, Bulacan (Central Luzon) where he worked as an engineer for a telecommunications company.
Check out his timeline below:
- arrived at the Laguindingan Airport on July 11, 2020, 1:41 pm
- immediately brought to an isolation facility in Opol (no community exposure and/or close contact with family)
- underwent Rapid Detection Test (RDT): negative
- noted to be weak with chest pain complaints upon assessment
- he then revealed that he had heart problems since 2018 and was inconsistently taking medication for the past 5 months
- fell unconscious while taking medication from his bag and had seizures
- brought to the NMMC
- declared dead after cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the same day, at 5:30 pm
- tested via RT-PCR and turned out positive with COVID-19 at 8:30 pm
- precautionary measures were then taken to avoid coronavirus transmission
For updates and more details: