31 Jan Have A Weekend Adventure @ The Mt. Kabistel Of Medina, Misamis Oriental
Mga higala! If you’re looking for a fun and challenging adventure this weekend, you should consider going to the MT. KABISTEL of Medina, Misamis Oriental!
This mountain is located along the scenic Balatukan Mountain Range and is 970 meters above sea level.
Mt. Kabistel is perfect for a memorable hiking and camping experience with your barkada. It has an amazing view of Sipaka Heights and Camiguin Island, and it’s also near a beautiful 2-tiered waterfall.
Below are photos from Jhong Bagtasos:
HOW TO GET THERE?
Check the guide below:
- Contact “Luzminda Rabe,” the secretary of Barangay San Roque in Medina: 09655643838, so she can coordinate local guide(s) for your group. The guide fee is 400 per day for each guide.
- At the Agora Bus Terminal, ride a Gingoog or Butuan-bound bus. Tell the driver or conductor to drop you off at MINTUGAS, PORTULIN, MEDINA. Travel time is around 3 hours and the fare is P220 (as of January 2020).
- At the highway in Portulin, ride a habal-habal to Barangay San Roque. The jumpoff area is near the house of the current barangay secretary, where you need to sign a logbook. Travel time is around 20 minutes and the fare is P30 per head.
- Meet your local guide(s) at the jumpoff and expect around 3-4 hours (depends on your pacing) of hiking to the Mt. Kabistel peak.
- You can also visit Kabistel Falls, which is 1 hour away from the peak.
- If planning to stay overnight and camp in Mt. Kabistel, bring camping gears like tents, sleeping bags, jackets, food, water, sun/rain protection, first-aid kits, etc.
- Please maintain cleanliness along the trail and at the peak. Bring your own trash/garbages as you go. Leave no trace.
Note: There is a potable water source after a 1-hour hike from jumpoff, near the peak. Just ask your local guide.