18 Jan Bukidnon To Honor Carina Dayondon For Being The 1st Filipina To Climb The World’s 7 Highest Mountains
Mga higala! The provincial government of BUKIDNON will officially honor mountaineer CARINA DAYONDON for being the 1st Filipina to successfully climb the seven highest peaks in the world’s seven continents!
According to a post by the Philippine News Agency, last January 15, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) of Bukidnon unanimously approved a resolution with the goal of congratulating and commending Dayondon.
Below are the seven summits Dayondon climbed:
- 2006 – Denali (6190m), North America
- 2007 – Everest (8850m), Asia
- 2013 – Elbrus (5642m), Europe
- 2014 – Mount Kosciuszko (2,228 metres), Australia
- 2015 – Mt Kilimanjaro (5895m), Africa
- 2018 – Mt. Aconcagua (6962m), South America
- 2018 – Vinson Massif (4892m), Antarctica
In case you don’t know, Carina Dayondon is from the Municipality of Don Carlos in the southern part of Bukidnon. She graduated at Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro City and was a member of XU-Ateneo Mountaineering Society.
She also holds the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade in the Philippine Coast Guard.
For more details: