20 Sep Cagayan de Oro To Soon Become A Smoke-Free City; Smoking Ban To Start On October 1
Mga higala! Cagayan de Oro will finally become a Smoke-Free City soon! This objective will start with the implementation of President Duterte’s SMOKING BAN, or the Executive Order No. 26, this upcoming October 1, 2018.
According to a post by Cagayan de Oro City Philippines, a “No Smoking” policy will start this October inside all government offices, local and national agencies, and hospitals.
The smoking ban will then be fully enforced on the following:
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Offices and other workplaces
- Restaurants and other food and drink establishments
- Hotels and other accommodation facilities
- Health centers, clinics, and nursing homes
- Transportation terminals
- Shopping centers, retail stores, and other merchandise establishments
- Entertainment establishments
- Sports venues
- Other establishments that provide professional services
and public vehicles:
- Taxi Cabs
Violators will be penalized in accordance to Republic Act 9211 or the Tobacco Regulation Act of 2003.
For more details, check out the full copy of Executive Order No. 26 here: