28 Nov CDO To Receive P11M for Construction of Drug Rehabilitation Centers
Cagayan de Oro City will receive P11 million to construct, upgrade, expand and repair public drug treatment and rehabilitation centers (TRCs).
According to a report from PhilStar, Surigao del Sur Rep. Johnny Pimentel said on November 26, Saturday that the Department of Health (DOH) will allocate P570 million for the improvement and construction of 16 public TRCs across the country in support to President Rodrigo Duterte’s campaign against illegal drugs.
Covered in the proposed budget of P3.35-trillion for 2017 national budget is for the establishment of the infrastructure of government-owned residential TRCs, aiming to enable them to accommodate a larger number of drug dependents.
The P570 million will be distributed to several local governments for drug rehab centers, according to Pimentel, a member of the House appropriations committee.
Targeted areas included was Cagayan de Oro City where P11 million will be given.
Here are the following local government who will also receive funds for TRCs:
- Bicutan, Taguig City – P51 million
- San Fernando, La Union – P15 million
- Bauko, Mountain Province – P65 million
- Ilagan, Isabela – P20.3 million
- Pilar, Bataan – P20 million
- Pampanga – P60 million
- San Fernando, Camarines Sur – P24.2 million
- Pototan, Iloilo – P8.3 million
- Argao, Cebu – P54 million
- Cebu City – P11.7 million
- Dulag, Leyte – P4.2 million
- Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte – P20 million
- Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay – P20 million
- Davao City – P35 million
Pimentel said that public access to these rehab facilities has to be improved as he was worried about drug users from marginal families.