21 Mar CHED Opens Merit Scholarship Program: Over 13,000 Slots Available
Mga higala! The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has officially opened the applications for the CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP)!
ICYDK, this scholarship is a government-funded program that aims to support academically talented students, especially those who belong to the following special groups:
- Underprivileged and homeless citizens (RA 7279)
- Persons with Disability (RA 7277)
- Solo parents and/or their dependents (RA 8371)
Interested? This is open for incoming first-year students (Academic Year 2023-2024) who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED-recognized priority program.
Below are the requirements:
- Filipino citizen
- Graduating high school student/ High school graduate with a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90%
- Student-applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as the underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- Avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
- Courses intended to enroll in are in the list of CHED Priority Programs.
- Citizenship: Certified true copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic Requirements:
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income Requirements (whichever is applicable)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; and
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income, for the children of Overseas Filipino Workers and seafarers
- Other Requirement
- Identification Card (ID) – Special Group (Underprivileged or Homeless, PWD, Solo Parent, Senior Citizen, Indigenous People)
For updates, visit: