Drug Dealer Colangco: De Lima Is Given P3M a month to Protect Illegal Drug Trade at Bilibid

Drug Dealer Colangco: De Lima Is Given P3M a month to Protect Illegal Drug Trade at Bilibid


Convicted drug dealer and robbery gang leader, Herbert Colangco asserted that Senator Leila de Lima allegedly accept P3 million every month since October 2013 to allow illegal drug operation inside the New Bilibid Prison.

On September 20, Tuesday a sworn affidavit was submitted by Colangco to the House committee on justice, which opened its inquiry into the illegal drug trade in the NBP. P1.2 million a month was also provided to the Bureau of Corrections director during De Lima’s term as Justice secretary, Colangco stated.

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II brought six witnesses including Colangco to personally testify at the House hearing.

A fellow convict namely Jaybee Sebastian first approached Colangco who persuaded him to collaborate in operating the drug trade inside the NBP. Yet he rejected the suggestion as he does not trust Sebastian.

But he was asked by a certain Joenel Sanchez and approved to meet the gang leaders to operate illegal drug trade.

Colangco stated in the affidavit, “Ang mungkahi na magtulak ng droga ayon kay Joenel Sanchez ay para sa mga plano ni De Lima.”

Every month until October 2014, his group managed the trading of 10 kilos of methamphetamine hydrochloride, or locally know as “shabu.”

The P3 million per month for De Lima also served as a protection money so Colangco could stay at the NBP.

In December 2014, Colangco was transferred to the National Bureau of Investigation following various raids after luxury detention quarters were disclosed.

Colangco said that De Lima assured him that the transfer was just temporary as he personally appealed his case to the senator, citing the name of her former driver and alleged lover Ronnie Dayan. As stated in his affidavit, “Mam, ‘yung instruction ni Ronnie Dayan kay Joenel, payag na po ako, wag nyo lang po ako ipatapon.”

He was transferred to the NBI and remained there for eight months.


No Comments

Post A Comment