07 Jun CSC Approves Flexible Work Arrangements For Gov’t Employees
Posted at 09:16h in News 0 Comments
Mga higala! The Civil Service Commission (CSC) has approved flexible work arrangements for government employees!
This is based on CSC Resolution No. 2200209, which will take effect on June 15, 2022.
Government offices or agencies may choose to implement one or more of the following:
- FLEXIPLACE: officials and employees may be authorized to render services away from their office
- COMPRESSED WORK WEEK: where the 40-hour work week is compressed into “four days or less” instead of five
- SKELETON WORKFORCE: where minimum personnel will be required to report to the office “when full staffing is not possible”
- WORK SHIFTING: for agencies required by law to operate 24/7 or agencies required to observe workplace health and safety protocols
- FLEXITIME: where working hours “shall start not earlier than 7:00 a.m. and end not later than 7:00 p.m.” provided they complete the required 40-hour week
- WEEKEND WORK: “provided that [these] are regular workdays and not overtime” while employees “may choose compensatory days off during weekdays”
- COMBINATION: of flexible work arrangements
However, they must ensure that the implementation of these flexible work arrangements will not affect their 8:00 AM-5:00 PM operations.