17 Sep DOH-10 Advises Against Use Of Ivermectin vs COVID-19
Posted at 08:52h in News 0 Comments
Mga higala! The Department of Health Center for Health Development of Northern Mindanao (DOH-CHDNM) has released an advisory stating that they do not recommend the use of IVERMECTIN to prevent or treat COVID-19 infection!
ICYDK, Ivermectin is a medication used to treat certain parasite infestations (e.g., humans: head lice, river blindness | animals: heartworm, acariasis).
The said advisory emphasized that DOH firmly believes in Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) and various studies have shown that:
- Ivermectin DID NOT SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE the risk of death among patients with mild to severe COVID-19.
- Ivermectin DID NOT SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE the duration of hospitalization and the time to resolution of symptoms/
- Ivermectin DID NOT REDUCE deaths, reduce the need for mechanical ventilation or supplemental oxygen, or unwanted events in inpatients.
- Ivermectin DID NOT increase or reduce negative COVID-19 tests.
- Ivermectin DID NOT IMPROVE outpatient’s condition.
- Ivermectin DID NOT PREVENT confirmed COVID-19.
For the full details, read:
You can also read: