22 Jul DOH Detects COVID-19 Delta Variant In Talakag & Alpha Variant In Valencia
Mga higala! In an emergency meeting yesterday, July 21, 2021, in Malaybalay City, Department of Health (DOH)-Region X disclosed that a COVID-19 Delta variant case (B.1.617.2) was detected in the municipality of Talakag and an Alpha variant case (B.1.1.7) was discovered in Valencia City!
Here are the details:
Positive Delta Variant Case (Talakag)
- the 7th detected case in Northern Mindanao
- an OFW from Kuwait
- placed in the DOH Isolation Facility in Cagayan de Oro City
- extensive contact tracing conducted
- Talakag now under MECQ (from MGCQ)
Positive Alpha Variant Case (Valencia)
- already isolated
- contact tracing conducted
Because of these cases, various measures are now being implemented by the DOH and the provincial government.
For more details: