23 May Fire in Lapasan! – 123 Families Affected
On Friday Evening, May 20, a fire scorched 123 homes in Sitio San Isidro Labrador in Barangay (village) Lapasan! Fortunately, no one was injured or died during the fire.
During the power outage that night, based on the witnesses, a child has seen playing a candle. The fire started at 9pm in the house of one Lisa Camomot that spreads out burning 123 houses in its wake. It continued for approximately 3 hours.
The City Social Welfare and Development (CSWD) said that 1,028 persons were left homeless in the process.
Chief Inspector Rommel Villafuerte, the district fire marshal for Cagayan de Oro, said that an estimated P5 million damage has been inflicted by the fire.
The survivors of the fire were now sheltered at the covered court in Lapasan, based on what CSWD chief Teddy Sabugaa said.
Relief goods were given to them. It includes blankets, sleeping mats, mosquito nets, food packs, and personal hygiene materials.