05 Sep Intensity II Earthquake Hits Cagayan de Oro, Magnitude 6.0 in Some Parts of Mindanao
Posted at 00:26h in Cagayan de Oro News 0 Comments
September 4, 2016, Sunday when an Intensity II earthquake shook Cagayan de Oro. Weaker compared to the 6.0-magnitude earthquake which hit Agusan del Sur according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
The epicenter of the recent earthquake was found with a depth of 6 kilometers located 19 kilometers from Talacogon, Agusan del Sur. Phivolcs then updated that the quake was actually 5.7 magnitude occurred at 10:38 AM. Since the quake was tectonic in origin, it was expected to have aftershocks and caused damages.
The following towns and cities also felt the quake:
- Instrumental Intensity IV – Bislig City
- Instrumental Intensity I – Kidapawan City
- Intensity I – Kidapawan City
- Intensity III – Gingoog, Balingoan and Balingasag in Misamis Oriental, Bislig City and Davao City
- Intensity IV – Butuan City, Tagum City, and Hinatuan in Surigao del Sur
- Intensity VI – Talacogon, Agusan del Sur