29 Feb Mindanao Projects Costing P4.5B to be Funded Under PRDP This Year
This year, local government units in Mindanao have submitted 46 project proposals with a total cost of about P4.6 billion subject for review and possible funding under PRDP (Philippine Rural Development Project).
Breakdown of Fundings
- The South-Central Mindanao area (SOCCSKSARGEN or Region 12) gets the biggest share amounting to P1.2 billion.
- Southern Mindanao (Davao Region) to be funded with P1.158 billion.
- Western Mindanao (Zamboanga Peninsula) with P809.09 million.
- Caraga with P628.01 million.
- Northern Mindanao with P637.25 million
- Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao with P167.65 million.
“All our infrastructure projects are in support of the priority commodity of each region. Aside from the technical specifications, it (the project) has to pass also our criteria on socio-economic indicators with our tools such as the expanded vulnerability and sustainability assessment and its contribution to the commodity value chain,” said Ms. Lealyn Ramos, PRDP Mindanao Project Support Office.
Mostly, the projects cover farm-to-market roads with the exception of the town in Nasipit in Agusan del Norte which seeks for the rehabilitation of its communal irrigation system with P29.32 million.
The National Project Coordinating Office and the Mindanao Project Support Office are the ones conducting the assessment of the proposals. And as of October 2015, 190 infrastructure projects worth P11.3 billion were approved for implementation. Getting the bulk at P5.1 billion for 113 sub-projects is Mindanao. 52 sub-projects at P4.3 billion is Luzon then 25 sub-projects at P1.932 billion is Visayas.