26 Feb Misamis Oriental as the 2nd Most Competitive Province in the Country, CDO Ranked as the 6th Highly Urbanized City Rated by CMCI
Efforts of the Department of Trade and Industry Misamis Oriental Provincial Office in putting both Misamis Oriental and its capital city Cagayan de Oro to rank in the Top 10 of their respective categories as rated by the CMCI or the City Municipalities and Cities Index were payed out.
Misamis Oriental was rated as the 2nd Most Competitive Province in the country while Cagayan de Oro ranked 6th among the Highly Urbanized Cities evaluated by the CMCI.
DTI Misamis Oriental Provincial Office’s Shared Services Facility program -it is where industries are introduced to new appropriate technologies by providing production equipment- to Linabu Agrarian Multi-Purpose Cooperative was cited as the SSF with the Most “Ramdam” effect.
It also excelled in Business Development where it not only became the first operational Negosyo Center nationwide but it also reaped another title as the Negosyo Center with the most number of trainings conducted with 175 in number for 2015 nationwide.
Actually, the DTI MisOr attained its goal in virtually all categories as set by itself exceeding 10 of the 12 metrics as to be mentioned below.
- MSMEs or Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises development and promotion sustained its unit’s agenda at high which resulted in Php 434M of domestic sales generated.
- The Northern Mindanao Food Innovation Center was established in Mindanao University of Science and Technology (MUST) with the aim to fulfill the need for a research and development facility to actuate industry development in the processed food sector.
- Php 1.3M in additional support from external support was generated by the provincial office to intensify and weight its partnerships with government agencies, private organizers and other development partners.
- With regards to consumer welfare and development, the office resolved 100% of all consumer complaints filed within the prescribed time where a total of 921 firms were monitored of which 100% of all firms with violations were penalized within the decided prescdribed time.
- The provincial office partnered with relevant private and government agencies to further intensify consumer advocacy and fair trade law enforcement.
With these, DTI Misamis Oriental garnered a 99.61% Client Satisfactory Rating vs a target 90% for the year 2015. And it seeks to continue its excellent performance to the current year and beyond.
Future plans includes putting in place a comprehensive database for its Cagayan de Oro Negosyo Center, “with the database in place, we can better serve our clientele and further improve our delivery of services.” Dir. Pabillore said.