09 Jan Misamis Oriental to Celebrate its 87th Anniversary, to Hold Kuyamis Festival on January 9
To kick off this coming January 9, 2017, Monday, is the celebration of the 87th Anniversary of Misamis Oriental and the province own Kuyamis Festival which was launched in 2014.
Tourists and locals can expect various activities to enjoy during the week-long celebration which includes the following:
- Meat and Livestock Show
- Partners Bazaar
- Misamis Oriental Booth Competition
- Tiangge sa Kapitolyo
- Destination Photo and Visual Arts Exhibit
- Explore MisOr Modern Dance Contest
- Kuyamis Tree Planting
- MisOr Cooking Demo and Food Fair
- MisOr Food Expo
- Municipal Cultural and Variety Show
- Kuyamis Job Fair, January 11, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the chess area of Vicente de Lara Park (former McArthur Park), Capitol Compound
- Miss Kuyamis 2017, Coronation Night: January 12, 2017
According to Misamis Oriental Governor Yevgeny Emano, these mentioned activities are meant to promote tourist spots and destinations in the province. Including are the two white islands in Agutayan, Jasaan and El Salvador, two hot springs in Tugasnon, Alubijid and Balingasag, and more than 70 waterfalls that can be found in the province.