12 Jul Moreno and 6 Other Panelists to Consist CDO Delegation in 2016 International Conference on Urban Development
This coming July 12-13, 2016, 40 changemakers from the local and national government, business leaders, representatives from professional organizations and donor agencies, international and local experts, also, students of urban development will be gathered in the Philippine’s biggest international conference on urban development. Called the 2016 International Conference on Urban Development: Accelerating Resilience and Inclusive Growth, it aims to:
- Strengthen multi-disciplinary discussions
- Build a network of partnerships
- Fabricate information that will then promote private and public sector collaboration in attaining safe, livable and economically rich urban centers in emerging secondary cities in the Philippines
Cagayan de Oro will be sending 7 panelists consisted of:
- Mayor Oscar Moreno, one of the Panel Discussion on Urbanization Issues’ panelists which will be moderated by Founder of Publicus Asia Inc. and Agenda, CNN Philippines former host Malou Tiquia.
- Jaime Rafael Paguio, senior vice president of CEPALCO and former president of Oro Chamber and Promote-CDO, one of the panelists on Improving Business Climate for Investments to be moderated by Ofelia Templo who is USAID|SURGE Project’s Deputy Chief of Party.
- Engr. Alex L. Mureal, Building Permit Management System’s (eBPMS) Project Manager, to join the panel on Technological Solutions for Urban Development to be moderated by USAID|E-PESO Project Chief of Party mamerto Tangonan.
- Raoul Geollegue, Senior Technical Consultant of Relief International-Enterprise Works Worldwide Phils. Inc., one of Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction’s panel with EnP. Leonora Gonzales, Ph. D.who who is a DENR Consultant on Climate Change, to moderate.
- Eileen E. San Juan, Local Economic & Investment Promotion Officer, will be joining the panel on promoting local economic development to be moderated by EnP. Dina Magnaye, Ph.D, who is a professor in UP- School of Urban and Regional Planning.
- Dr. Dixon Yasay, Head of Xavier University’s Governance Leadership Institute to join the panel for Promoting Innovation through Human Capital Development to be moderated by Dr. Richard Abendan, Ph.D, USAID|STRIDE Project.
- Ricardo E. Rotoras, D’Eng, Mindanao University of Science and Technology (MUST) president, to join Yasay’s panel.
The said conference will be held at Sofitel Philippines Plaza Manila in Pasay City. And aside of the panel discussions, there will be plenary sessions and workshops. It will also provide a forum meant for establishing professional networks and assisting newly-elected government officials from linkages that will aid in realizing the potentials of their cities.
Christopher Rollo, Country Programme Manager of UN-Habitat Philippines and is a distinguished Kagay-anon will be attending the conference to speak on the Road to habitat 3.
The conference will then end with plenary sessions concerning Solutions to City Problems and Taking up the Challenge of Urbanization.