12 Sep PMMA Wants Enrollees From CDO, Rufus Promises 10K Allowance To Successful Applicants
Mga higala! The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy (PMMA) has expressed that they are looking for enrollees from Cagayan de Oro City for Academic Year 2023-2024 (Class of 2027)!
Successful applicants will receive free tuition, board and lodging, uniform, and more, according to PMMA Superintendent Joel Abutal.
Moreover, Rep. Rufus B. Rodriguez has promised that he will shoulder the plane tickets of students from CDO and will even provide a yearly allowance of P10,000.
Interested? Check out the details below:
- Male or female, physically fit, natural-born Filipino citizen
- Single and never been married and has no children out of wedlock
- Free from being accused or convicted of any crime against the law and the state
- At least 17 years old and not more than 23 years old upon enrollment
- Grade 12 student or College Level
- Height of at least 160 centimeters (5 ft. & 3 in.) for males and 155 centimeters (5 ft. & 1 in.) for females;
- BMI of less than 25
- At least good academic performance
- Has not been enrolled in PMMA
- Government scholarship
- Experience a semi-military lifestyle of a leadership environment
- Rewarding leadership and training experiences
- Travel the world for free while still a cadet
- An assured shipboard training onboard international ocean-going vessels
- Automatic commissionship in the Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard as Ensign (2Lt);
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree
- 100% employability, immediate hiring by more than thirty (30) partner international and manning companies
- Promising careers in the seafaring industry as master mariners; chief engineers; shipping executives, naval or coast guard officers, educators, and trainers in maritime-related industries or institutions
For more details, visit: