01 Jun PUVs To Be Allowed Under MECQ In CDO: Essential Travels Only
Mga higala! Public Utility Vehicles (PUVs) will still be allowed to operate under the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) in Cagayan de Oro City provided that they will follow the guidelines announced by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB):
- Passenger load shall not exceed the 50% capacity limit.
- Operators are required to install impermeable plastic barriers in their PUVs. The barriers should be firmly installed between seats so that they do dont move or flap on the skin and/or faces of passengers while their vehicle is moving.
- The following 7 commandments shall be observed:
- Always wear face masks and face shields
- Talking and using phones are not allowed
- Eating is not allowed
- Proper ventilation should be insured (turn off aircon and open windows whenever possible)
- Frequent disinfection of PUVs
- Symptomatic passengers must not be allowed to board a PUV
- Follow proper social distancing (1 seat apart)
- Only APORs identified by the IATF are allowed for essential travel.
BTW, PUVs will need to acquire special permits to continue operating under MECQ.
(Note: Bus travels will not be affected by the MECQ in Cagayan de Oro.)
For more details, read: