04 Dec LOOK: Ranking Of Top Universities In Northern Mindanao For 2018
Mga higala! Here is the ranking of TOP UNIVERSITIES in NORTHERN MINDANAO, based on over 60 different board exams conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) for the year 2018.
FindUniversity.ph recently released this list after aggregating the passing rates of each school in all of the board exams that their graduates participated in.
Below are the passing rates of Central Mindanao University (CMU) in various board exams, that show why they are the TOP UNIVERSITY on the list.
BTW, the ranking displayed here contains schools that were ranked in at least 7 board exams. View the full Methodology of FindUniversity.ph below:
- We aggregated the board exam passing rates of each school in each board exam, in the past 4 exams. Only first timers were counted (we did not count people who took the exam the 2nd or 3rd time).
- We ranked each school in each exam, based on it’s aggregated passing rates.
For example, a school with an aggregated passing rate of 73% for the Mechanical Engineer Licensure Exam, will be ranked higher than a school with 68% passing rate for the same exam.
- Schools that had a total of fewer than 10 examinees (first timers) for a particular board exam during the past 4 exams, were not ranked for that specific exam.
- We calculated the weighted position of each school in each board exam.
For example, a school that is ranked first in the Mechanical Engineering Licensure Exam, get’s a score of 100 for this particular exam. A school that ranks in the 10th percentile will get a score of 90 for that board exam, and so forth.
- Finally, we calculated the average weighted position of each school in all board exams that school was ranked in.
- We ranked different campuses of the same university separately since they differ in location, facilities, faculty, and programs offered. We believe that (for example) ranking UP Diliman and UP Cebu as one entity is not accurate.
- The official ranking presented here contains schools that were ranked in at least 7 board exams.