05 Oct Registration For PH National ID To Finally Start This October 12
Mga higala! The registration for the NATIONAL ID system will finally start this coming October 12, 2020!
This was recently announced by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
ICYDK, the said registration was supposed to be scheduled last July but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following data will be collected for the national ID:
- date/place of birth
- marital status
- facial image data
- full set of fingerprints
- blood type
- iris scan
- other identifiable features (tattoos, birthmarks, scars, etc.)
- mobile number & email address (optional)
Here are the requirements (only 1 of the following is needed):
- PSA-issued birth certificate and one (1) government-issued identification document with full name, photo, and signature or thumb mark
- Philippine ePassport issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) Card issued by the Government Service Insurance System or Social Security System
- Other equivalent identification documents may be determined in the guidelines issued by the PSA
However, because of the pandemic, the PSA will visit target families instead of having them go to registration centers. They are also set to prioritize the following areas:
- Region I – Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan
- Region II – Cagayan, Isabela
- Region III – Bataan, Bulacan, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Zambales
- Region IV-A – Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal
- Region V – Albay, Camarines Sur, Masbate
- Region VI – Antique, Capiz, Iloilo, Negros Occidental
- Region VII – Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental
- Region VIII – Leyte
- Region IX – Compostela Valley, Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Occidental
- BARMM – Tawi-Tawi
Watch out for updates!
For more details: