02 Jul Rep. Rufus Urges Duterte To Recall New Appointment Of Officer Involved In PMA Cadet Dormitorio’s Death
Mga higala! Deputy Speaker and 2nd District Rep. Rufus Rodriguez is now urging President Duterte to recall the new appointment of Maj. Gen. Bartolome Vicente Bacarro, the commandant of cadets when Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Cadet Darwin Dormitorio of Cagayan de Oro City died on September 18, 2019!
Bacarro is being appointed as the new commander of the AFP’s Southern Luzon Command.
“Mr. Bacarro is one of those responsible for the death by hazing of Philippine Military Academy (PMA) cadet Darwin Dormitorio,” said Rodriguez, and added that Bacarro’s appointment and promotions after Dormitorio’s death “are a grave injustice to my late constituent, his family and the people of Cagayan de Oro City.”
ICYDK, criminal charges were filed against Bacarro and former PMA superintendent Lt. Gen. Ronnie Evangelista. However, the Baguio City prosecutor’s office dismissed the said charges and only filed a complaint against their subordinates.
Meanwhile, in a recent statement, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said that Bacarro had been cleared of any responsibility regarding the death of Cadet Dormitorio.
“Those responsible for the death of Cadet Dormitorio are now facing criminal charges. It would be an injustice to MGEN Bacarro if he is prevented from moving up in the ladder of command for something that he did not commit.”
(What do you think of all this higala? Unsa imong mastorya?)
For more details, read: