29 May Senate Honor Bukidnon’s Carina Dayondon For Being First Filipina To Climb The Seven Summits Of The World
Posted at 08:54h in Feature Article 0 Comments
Mga higala! The Senate of the Philippines honored CARINA DAYONDON of Bukidnon yesterday, May 29, for being the first Filipina mountaineer to successfully climb the Seven Summits of the world.
Dayondon personally received the commendation- “Senate Resolution 985,” from Senate President Vicente Sotto III and the other senators.
The said resolution states that Dayondon “has once again displayed the brilliance and excellence of Filipinos despite insurmountable odds that brings immense pride and honor to the country.”
Below are the seven summits Carina Dayondon climbed:
- 2006 – Denali (6190m), North America
- 2007 – Everest (8850m), Asia
- 2013 – Elbrus (5642m), Europe
- 2014 – Mount Kosciuszko (2,228 metres), Australia
- 2015 – Mt Kilimanjaro (5895m), Africa
- 2018 – Mt. Aconcagua (6962m), South America
- 2018 – Vinson Massif (4892m), Antarctica
For more details, check out the articles below: