21 Feb Study In South Korea With The 2022 Global Korea Scholarship
Mga higala! If you’re an undergraduate or graduate student Filipino who wants to study at higher educational institutions (HEIs) in South Korea, you should try the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) of 2022 now!
This scholarship aims to provide students from around the world with opportunities to conduct advanced studies (undergraduate and graduate programs) in South Korea’s reputable colleges and universities.
Below are the qualifications, application procedures, and more:
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
(Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program. However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds an overall grade of 90% or above and has attained TOPIK level 5 or higher can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.)
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates for Global Korea Scholarship (GKS).
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
- Free Airfare
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Living Allowance (KRW 900,000 to 1,000,000)
- Tuition Fees (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Research Support
- Completion Grant
- and more!
(Note: As of Feb. 21, 2022, 1 South Korean Won (KRW) is worth 0.043 Pesos.)
For more details, visit this link: