25 Oct LOOK: Typhoon YUTU To Enter Philippines This Saturday, October 27
Mga higala! TYPHOON YUTU, a strong storm with the maximum sustained winds of 210 kilometers per hour and a gustiness of up to 260 kilometers per hour, is now headed for the Philippines!
Based on the first advisory of DOST-PAGASA, Typhoon Yutu is located 2,380 km East of Central Luzon as of 10:00 am today. And, it’s expected to enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by Saturday morning (October 27), and will be named “ROSITA”.
Forecast Positions and Intensities are as follows:
- 26 October 2018 2,025 km East of Central Luzon (Baler, Aurora)
- (OUTSIDE PAR) (16.5°N, 140.5°E)
- 27 October 2018 1,495 km East of Central Luzon (Baler, Aurora)
- (OUTSIDE PAR) (17.3°N, 135.5°E)
- 28 October 2018 980 km East of Baler,
- Aurora (17.2°N, 130.6°E)
- 29 October 2018 595 km East Northeast of Baler,
- Aurora (17.0°N, 127.0°E)
- 30 October 2018 240 km East of Tuguegarao City,
- Cagayan (17.8°N, 124.0°E)
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council of cities and provinces concerned are advised to monitor for the next update on this weather disturbance.
Source: Dost_pagasa (FB)