10 Nov USTP To Provide P60+ Million Worth Of Tablets & Load For Students & Laptops For Faculty
Mga higala! The Board of Regents of the University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines (USTP) has recently approved BOR Resolution No. 146, s. 2020, a resolution that will provide tablets and load for students and laptop computers for its faculty members!
This resolution aims to support and help with the challenges of “online learning” amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Rep. Rufus Rodriguez, a member of the Board, moved that the resolution be further amended to make sure that USTP students who have no gadgets for online learning be provided with tablets. While the faculty members who have no laptops be provided one and those students already having the gadgets be granted subsidy for communication expenses.”
With this resolution, the following support will be granted:
(for CDO campus and other satellite campuses)
- 756 tablets for use of USTP students with postpaid load given on a weekly basis of 200 pesos per week, until the end of the year (around P7.6 million, including P328,320 for 93 WiFi ready tablets to Balubal students)
- 238 tablets with wifi for use of students who have no gadgets in the satellite campuses in Jasaan, Mis. Or, and Oroquieta and Panaon, Mis. Occ. (P2.7million)
- Communication expenses for 2,701 students who have gadgets but do not have loads (P1.7 million)
- 173 laptops for faculty members who do not have laptops (P6.3 million)
- Additional leased line internet subscription for satellite campuses including Balubal campus (P8.8 million)
- Online content subscription and other ICT facilities.
- The total support (excluding the Claveria campus) is P41.9 million.
(for Claveria campus)
- 1308 tablets for use by the students with weekly load (P15 million)
- Communication expenses for faculty members and students who have gadgets but need loads (P3.3 million)
- Outdoor wifi devices for students.
- The total support for the Claveria campus is P18.7 million.
For more details: